Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Guide to Netflix {Instant}

I. Love. Netflix.
One of my favorite things to do is just put on a movie or tv show on Netflix and knit. It's so relaxing and it makes me feel better about watching so much Netflix...

But the problem is, sometimes it's hard to find anything good to watch. Or sometimes you have plenty of things in your Instant Queue, but you're just not in the mood to watch anything on your list.

So to organize my Netflix loves and help you find yours, here is my very own guide of must-watches on Netflix Instant!

[A Guide to Netflix Instant]




For Anglophiles:

1) Sherlock
Who couldn't love the Cumberbatch?

2) Doctor Who
I've only just started watching, but I can't stop!

3) Downton Abbey 
Absolute. Perfection.

4) Inspector Lewis
Who doesn't like a good British cop series? (*Not as scary as Inspector Lynley, which is also on Instant)

5) A Room With A View
Classic movie. Yay for young Helena!





TV Shows:

1) Dawson's Creek: It's the end of something simple. And the beginning of everything else.

2) Grey's Anatomy: Medicine nor relationships can be defined in black and white. Real life only comes in shades of grey.

3) Freaks and Geeks: It's 1980 and this is what high school was like for the rest of us.

4) The Vampire Diaries: How many will die so that one can live?

5) Monk: Obsessive. Compulsive. Detective.






Movies on Netflix Instant I've seen countless times:

1) Clueless
As if!

2) Phoebe in Wonderland
Wonderland. How nice it is to have a place where things aren't fixed. It's all the opposite there, you know. It'd be nice if...it were the same here.

3) The September Issue
I often see that people are frightened of fashion, that because it scares them or makes them feel insecure, they put it down.

4) Poirot
My name is Hercule Poirot!
{ I forgot to add this to "TV Shows" and Poirot himself isn't British! So here he goes, another mystery series! (One of my favs!) }

5) Hugo
So I figured, if the entire world was one big machine, I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason.




Classics (note: my definition of classics might be different than yours in this example):

1) Funny Face
S'wonderful, s'marvelous...

2) Charade
Do you realize you've had three names in the past two days? I don't even know who I'm talking to any more!

3) Breakfast at Tiffany's
Ok, let's just say all Audrey Hepburn movies! Sabrina is also on instant!

4) Bunny O'Hare
I didn't rob the bank for myself. I did it for my kids. (-Bette Davis, 1971)

5) Heathers
Dear Diary, my teen-angst bullshit now has a body count.







The last 5 6 movies I watched:

1) The Romantics
Opposites attract and then the bore each other to death... I'd rather die of excitement.

2) A Cat in Paris: By Day Child's Pet, By Night Dangerous Thief.

3) The King's Speech (& The Man Behind the King's Speech)
I've watched this movie so many times. Oh Colin Firth, I adore you.

4) The Artist
Another wonderful movie I'll never stop watching.

5) I'm Reed Fish
And with that, my friends...have a marvelous day in the Meadows.



Yet to watch: other things in my queue:

The Poker House, The Burning Plain, The Forger (a little THG actors thing going on there:), Brokeback Mountain, How to Steal A Million (More Audrey! If only Roman Holiday was on Instant!), Newlyweds



What are some of your favorite movies/TV shows on Netflix? Will you watch any of these? Comment below!

5 comments:

  1. Just caught up on Downton and have heard such great things about Sherlock! Thanks for these recommendations...I never know what's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like Downton, you'll definitely like Sherlock! Of course! I always have the same problem.

      Delete
  2. Some really great picks here! I love Netflix too. I'll have to check some of these out! :)

    xox, amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with Downton Abbey and Vampire Diaries and Grey's Anatomy. Great picks! x

    ReplyDelete