Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Trip to the Morgan & {Keel's} Simple Diary

Last weekend I went to the closing day of the Beatrix Potter exhibit at the Morgan Library/Museum in NYC!
the exhibit

Peter Rabbit, of course

with her pet rabbit (on a leash!:)


A letter from Beatrix Potter

and after seeing the {adorable} exhibit, I completed my traditional stops at the Morgan.

First I went to the library.
Can we just talk about this library? Add a coffee shop and maybe a J. Crew and this is seriously what heaven looks like. It used to be an actual person's home library. I mean... Wow.



And then of course there's my dinky iPhone photos:
I'm a panorama failure

awkward insta...nbd


There's also a secret staircase hidden behind one of the shelves! I didn't get a picture of it this time, but if you go you should definitely ask about it!

While I was there, a sweet older tour guide was reading Beatrix Potter to some kiddies :) So cute!


After I fell in love with the library all over again, a trip to the gift shop was in store. I admired the $70 fountain pen sets and looked around until I found this little guy: Keel's Simple Diary.

It is hilarious.
Some of the questions or topics are definitely things you would not think of yourself...
It's fun to have to pick between "my day was a treadmill" and "my day was an intermission" and other silly things like that!



I always try to keep diaries and always end up stopping either a week or a month after I began. It's pretty sad. I love the idea of diary-keeping though. I love carrying around a notebook with me to jot down ideas and conversations, which I think I prefer to diaries, but this Simple Diary was too cute not to get, and it'll be fun to try out! So in addition to my normal notebook (and let me tell you, I own about 50), I now have a really cool diary to bring with me :)

I couldn't pick a color! I ended up with green, because I usually opt for pink


Do you have a notebook that you bring everywhere? Do you keep a diary?

No comments:

Post a Comment