Saturday, January 19, 2013

Welcome to Hartfield

Hartfield
Home to Emma Woodhouse, famed character of Jane Austen's 1815 novel. 


http://janeaustensworld.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/hartfield-hedges.jpg

I would like to think that I'm way better than spoiled and meddling Emma, but although my life may be different from hers, I am no better... and that's one of the best things about reading. You don't have to agree with the character simply because it's her story. You can have a complex love/hate relationship, which is much closer to real life than just agreeing with a character's actions all the time. Emma infuriates me. But she makes me think about my life (which really should be the goal of any book).


http://nothingintellectual.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/kate-beckinsale.jpg

I look at Emma's life and think wow, this girl has it all and she doesn't even appreciate it! But that's me, too... and just about every other person on this planet. Someone out there is thinking that I'm spoiled too, and someone else thinks that that person isn't grateful for everything that is truly awesome in their life.

So my home might not actually be a gorgeous British estate from the Regency era (hint: it's not), but I'll call it Hartfield anyway...



Home is made up of the books you read and the people (real or fictional) that you love, or love to hate. Home can be whatever and wherever you want it to be.

So I shall call this little Internet home of mine Hartfield.

love,
emma
xo

Ps: to learn more about me, visit the about page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment