Sunday, November 3, 2013

NaNoWriMo: the greatest novel writing challenge you will ever face

I am so excited to begin NaNoWriMo for the first time ever! NaNo is National Novel Writing Month (November). 
The challenge? Write a 50,000 word (or more) novel in 30 days!

One of the items on my 101 in 1001 list is to attempt a NaNoWriMo! I hope I can finish it... 50,000 may be too ambitious for me, but I'm hoping for maybe at least 10,000 my first time around!

This weekend has been so crazy (posts to come on Friday night's Shakespeare on Broadway and yesterday's Sleepy Hollow excursion!) so I haven't begun my writing yet... but later tonight I will hopefully have all of my characters and plot worked out!


Go sign up! 
They have awesome pep talks and meet ups with people in your area... all the different types of motivation you might need to reach your word goal.

This will be a crazy month, but hopefully some cool writing will come from it!

xo
love, emma

No comments:

Post a Comment